Q: EGR GAS RECIRCULATION SYSTEM VALVE 2

My error code said EGR gas recirculation system valve 2 I look at my EGR and took it off it look black but look liked black smudge so does this mean I need to replace it cuz o want to get a new one. I wanna make sure if I'm doing the right thing if not is it something else that I need to check ir just replace the EGR?

A: The color (black) is just a consequence of ...

The color (black) is just a consequence of "carbon particles" that are normally present in the exhaust flow through the valve. We would need the exact Diagnostic Trouble Code ("DTC" as displayed on the Code Scanner) in order to advise you further. But, regardless of the Code, the valve itself has to be tested, and it can be tested on the car. Just because a DTC refers to a "part" doesn't mean the part itself has failed. In your circumstance it is not uncommon for the valve to be perfectly good but there is a blockage in an EGR passageway that is causing the EGR valve itself to be listed as a "possible" failure when in fact the only problem is a blockage has to be cleared out. Your wisest course is to have a diagnostic performed relative to the EGR system