Q: I have a 2013 Honda Civic with 80,000 miles. It makes a squeaking noise while driving.

I have a 2013 Honda Civic that makes like a chain squealing noise while driving. If I tap on the brakes it will not stop until I take foot off brake. My car only makes the sound from 30mph to around 65mph. Was wondering if it could be the brake indicator letting me know my brakes are getting bad. Have not had the brake pads changed since I bought the car new.

The factory brake pads do have a noisemaker tab that scrapes the brake rotor when the brake pads reach replacement thickness. It’s pretty loud, so if you just have a mild squeaking that might be something else. At 80 K miles, it would be about right for you to need pad replacement. You can have this conveniently checked out by contacting Your Mechanic. They will send a technician to your home or office to check out your noisy brakes and even change the brake pads if that is necessary.

3. I have a 2013 Honda Civic with 80,000 miles. It makes a squeaking noise while driving.