Q: Transmission whining sound

I just noticed today as I'm driving my car. That it seems to be making a weird noise. When I take off the RPMs are fine. It's not losing power it's not losing speed. However when I'm driving 60 to 80 miles an hour on the highway. My RPM's are only going up to at Max 1700 RPMs. And that's where I hear the noise just like a winding sound I guess. What could cause this problem? I know those RPMs are way too low at 80 miles an hour..

it sounds like you may have a transmission problem as the whining sound indicates. This usually happens when the transmission oil pump filter is clogged. When this happens, the whining sound will usually be proportionate with the speed, meaning as the speed increases, the whining sound will increase along with the increased speed. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at the vehicle to determine what may be causing this.

3. Transmission whining sound