Q: I think my car is not shifting to top gear. 2014 Scion tC

So I just got my scion tc not long ago and I noticed that my rpms are shifting to quick for example I'm going at 40 MPh and I get the feeling that my car is like in 4 gear and when I am in the freeway and speed up to like 60 -70 my rpms go up quick and it doesn't shift so if I keep pressing the gas my rpms will go to max

Hello - there are several reasons why your transmission may not be shifting up to top gear. A failure of a speed sensor (internal to the transmission), or a problem with the throttle position sensor on the engine may prevent your transmission from up-shifting as it should. Check first for low transmission fluid level, and for problem codes, whether the Check Engine light is on, or not. Most auto parts stores will do this for free on a "time-available" basis. I recommend a transmission inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.