Q: Food was stuffed in my gas tank.

How can i remove what looks to be ramen noodles out of my gas tank?

Gasoline vapors are highly explosive so the very first thing to remember is if a "repair" involves the gas tank, exercise extreme caution. In this circumstance, for instance, do not use a vacuum to retrieve the foreign matter as that will create an explosion and fire once the vapors hit the electric motor. If the foreign material is visible and perhaps confined JUST to the filler tube, that is the material has not actually entered the fuel tank, the solution is easy: remove the filler tube and clean it out. If the foreign matter has reached the tank, what to do depends on how much has gotten into the tank. You might be able to get away with one floating noodle (there is a pick up screen on the fuel pump). If a lot of debris is in the tank, the debris will block the pick up screen. Technically, if anything at all has gotten into the tank, other than gas, the tank has to be dropped and cleaned out. In all events, this will be safer if you let a mechanic handle it and he or she will be able to determine if tank removal will be necessary. To get this resolved, please request fuel tank filler neck inspection/removal and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Food was stuffed in my gas tank.