I have 2014 chevy sonic lt 1.8 and my car won't let me re...

Q: I have 2014 chevy sonic lt 1.8 and my car won't let me remote start my car anymore why? can you help me?

asked by on October 21, 2017

My car won't let me remote start my car any more why?

Often times this is a case of a dead remote battery. Your key fob battery powers the remote lock, unlock and remote starting functions as you know. When these batteries fail, you will usually lose some functionality. The other common issue with these remotes are the contacts inside the buttons. Over time, these contacts wear out and will no longer properly transmit the signal from the remote to the car when pressing the buttons. I would suggest taking the remote to your nearest dealer to have them inspect and replace the batteries as needed.