Q: I have a 2011 ford focus just replaced the roll pin inside the manual transmission. dropped a head of a bolt inside cant get out

asked by on August 18, 2017

Recently replace the roll pin inside the shifter inside the transmission with a bolt. Now it broke off and the head of the bolt is somewhere in the transmission. How can I get it out of the transmission so I can have my car back on the road

The "technique to get it out" depends on exactly where it is. There is sometimes a possibility of a foreign item safely staying in place but admittedly in a transmission that is a speculative proposition. At any rate, there are ways to resolve something like this and so your best bet is to request service and the responding certified mechanic will see if the part is retrievable and, if so, remove it or otherwise advise you as to next steps. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr