Q: Alarm not shutting off

The alarm system in my truck will not shut off. Now, my battery is dead. I also have brake fluid leaking from somewhere, possibly the master cylinder.

A: Hi there. It sounds like your truck is equi...

Hi there. It sounds like your truck is equipped with an aftermarket alarm system. In order to repair the alarm it would need to go to a shop that specializes in that brand of alarm. If you cannot find a shop that works on that brand then most mechanics can simply remove the alarm.

As for the leak, it is common for the master cylinder to leak. If it is leaking then it needs to be replaced. I recommend having a certified mechanic inspect your vehicle's brake fluid leak and replacing the master cylinder if necessary.