Q: Loss of power in engine

After my car has been sitting for a while, like overnight or at the grocery store, it has no power. I can start it, but it's slow and sluggish when first driving so I'm stepping on the accelerator more than usual and then all the sudden it zooms off, without warning. What is causing this?

The problem may lie within the fuel injection system from what you’re describing. The injectors require a proper amount of fuel pressure and they also stick on some certain year models. Depending on the year you have, it may require replacement injection system to fix it. A professional technician will be able to help you with this service.

3. Loss of power in engine