Q: Engine unable to run as it should

When starting my car it does turn-over, but dies after several seconds. I wait a while and after several tries it finally starts and remains on. What causes this?

A: This is most likely from the fuel filter is...

This is most likely from the fuel filter is clogged or the fuel pump needs to be replaced.

The fuel pump may loose pressure from a clogged fuel filter which causes the pump to not build up enough pressure to keep the engine running. I would recommend replacing the filter first, then check the pressures to see if they are in specifications.

If you need help with these checks, feel free to reach out to a certified mechanic who can diagnose these symptoms and figure out why your car is hard to start.