I completely drained my auto battery by holding it upside...

Q: I completely drained my auto battery by holding it upside down and shaking it. I thought fresh distilled water was ok to refill.

asked by on September 10, 2017

Can I add all new distlilled water? Apparenrly not. Now what?

Hi Bill. Thanks for writing in tonight. Older batteries could be ’recharged’ by distilled water as you’ve indicated, but that is unfortunately not a viable option with today’s technology. The best solution here is to buy a new battery unfortunately.