Q: I have a smell coming from under the hood when I turn the heater on.

I have a smell coming from under the hood when I turn the heater on. It's somewhat like a rubber smell. What could that be

Hi there. The smell would be the cabin air filter causing the odor to fumigate the area. Find the cabin air filter and replace the filter with a new one. Usually the filter is found in a trap door behind the glove box, which will have to be removed to replace the filter. If you need further assistance with replacing the cabin air filter, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. I have a smell coming from under the hood when I turn the heater on.