Q: I have a smell coming from under the hood when I turn the heater on.

asked by on November 30, 2016

I have a smell coming from under the hood when I turn the heater on. It's somewhat like a rubber smell. What could that be

Cabin Air Filter Replacement $90.53 - $165.57 Get a Quote

Hi there. The smell would be the cabin air filter causing the odor to fumigate the area. Find the cabin air filter and replace the filter with a new one. Usually the filter is found in a trap door behind the glove box, which will have to be removed to replace the filter. If you need further assistance with replacing the cabin air filter, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.