Q: Car shakes when gas pedal is pressed

During driving mostly on highways the car shakes when gas pedal is pressed. Please provide me with a diagnosis how to correct this situation

A: Hi there. As there are numerous possibiliti...

Hi there. As there are numerous possibilities for your vehicle shaking upon acceleration. Diagnosing the problem is difficult without driving the vehicle. A few possibilities are, an engine misfire which should be recognized by the computer and in turn, set a check engine light, a broken/sagging engine or transmission mount affecting engine/transmission alignment, an inner CV wobble caused by excessive axle shaft movement due to a worn CV joint. Replacing components without proper diagnoses, can be expensive and time consuming without resolution. I recommend having your vehicle's shakes upon acceleration be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.