Q: Speed dropping suddenly while driving

While on freeway driving at 60 mph car suddenly drops to 40 mph then picks back up

Q: Wonky cruise control and rough idle on low gear D

Hello. P0770 is the code for a lock up torque converter shift solenoid malfunction. The lock up torque converter shift solenoid controls the fluid pressure of the torque converter, and the rate and timing at which it locks up. This...

Q: Car stalls, and then stops, after I restart it goes a bit and stops again. Speed is low

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. All three codes refer to the pressure control solenoid in the transmission. Check the fluid level and top it off if the fluid is low. Check the harness to the transmission for any corrosion,...

Q: TCM causes engine light to come on, but no transmission problems - is it safe to drive it?

The first thing I would do is scan the vehicle for codes to determine if the TCM is still the issue. If codes for the TCM appear, depending on the code and the problem, you may be fine to drive...