Q: Odometer has lines, won't start unless I put fuel in the intake. The fuel pump keeps running and doesn't shut off? Seems like the truck wants to start.

I've replaced fuel pressure regulator,fuel pump runs but never shuts off. Idk if it's building enough pressure.but I can put fuel in throttle body and it will run till fuel is gone. The odometer has lines instead of mileage. Before this started it would sometimes take a couple of tries before the truck would start. And when it stoped running my gas light was on soI pulled in to get gas hit my breaks hard truck shut down??

A: Hi there. From the description you have pro...

Hi there. From the description you have provided, you've replaced the fuel pressure regulator, the fuel pump never shuts off and puts fuel in the throttle body, it runs until the fuel is gone, and the odometer has lines instead of mileage. This would appear to be a fuel control problem and communication failure.

Some possibilities are that the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) has shorted internally causing the fuel pump relay to be commanded continuously on, injector driver circuits are inoperative, or failed communication to the IPC (Instrument Panel Cluster).

This all needs to be confirmed through diagnostic procedures. I recommend having your vehicle's fuel pump never shuts off, truck won't start condition be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.