Q: Need car diagnosed.

asked by on December 29, 2015

My car is not working. I would like someone to come check and see what's wrong.

I would call YourMechanic to come and diagnose this problem.

Transmission modulator valve is not working.

Hi there. The modulator valve is located on the back of the transmission on the passenger side. The valve is vacuum controlled. So, before you replace the valve, be sure to check the vacuum line from the engine to the...

2001 Monte Carlo 3.4L overheating. Does not blow warm air.

Hello. We will be happy to assist you. After the radiator was replaced the coolant system should have been pressure tested to make sure there are no more leaks present. If there are no more leaks present the coolant system...

Vibrates in reverse

Hi there. Without inspecting the vehicle personally, we could only guess at what might be causing this type of vibration or noise. In some cases, the vibration is caused by the rear gear or driveshaft as the vehicle is put...

Car squealing

If the pulley moves back and forth, this would suggest that it is loose. Depending on which pulley it is, this may cause the belt to squeak if it moves back and forth due to the amount of force being...

Car shakes, refuses to accelerate, then cuts off.

Based on the information you provided, It sounds like you may have a throttle position sensor issue. The throttle position sensor tells the computer how much throttle you are giving the engine. Sometimes the sensor wears out and has dead...

Hi, I got my car key stuck in the ignition on acc. My dad tried to get it out and broke the key inside it.

The ignition switch is the device you need to gain access to. You can remove the steering column's upper and lower covers to gain access to the ignition switch on the back of the lock cylinder. Remove this piece from...

Car won't stay running

Sounds like you might be having an alternator problem. The vehicle uses the battery to start, once it is running the alternator takes over providing the vehicle with all the electricity it needs. If the alternator fails, the car continues...

Car stalls when decelerating and/or going over bumps, especially speed bumps.

The most common cause of this intermittent stalling is due to a few potential problems. The most common faults would be: a wiring fault failing fuel pump an open or short in a sensor Intermittent issues can...

Car idling rough and missing.

A misfire will generally cause a rough idle, but you must find out if its one cylinder misfiring or a random misfire, this is were a scan tool is essential. If you can trace the misfire to one cylinder its...