Q: Emission garage

Hi there I was driving my car today which is a 2.0 GT TDI 2006 and suddenly the engine management light came on and it said emissions garage. What does this mean and how can it be fixed

A: For this issue you should have the engine s...

For this issue you should have the engine scanned to see if you have a code that can be diagnosed. You may have a problem with your Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) valve. The EGR valve may just need to be cleaned but in some cases it will require to be replaced.

I’d suggest getting this looked at by a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to perform the necessary checks and properly diagnose the cause of your warning light. Best of luck.