Q: How do I know I have two resonators? Can I have two mufflers in each side with one resonator? Which side is most important? Thank You.

On my car I have two pipes out on each side in the back which I think mean I have two mufflers but not so sure because my brother said if I see two pipes out the back then I might have one muffler but two resonators. I'm trying to know if I have two muffler to purchase them or not and in which side muffler I have to change the most? If I have two muffler on each side and with one resonator which one side is more important than the other or both.Thank You.

A: You may have a single small resonator in th...

You may have a single small resonator in the middle of the car that splits to the two mufflers. One on each side with single or dual tip outlets. The two mufflers are equal to each other to exit the exhaust flow. For more concrete advice, I’d recommend having an expert technician check out your specific muffler situation in person. A technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office inspect your exhaust system and assist with any repairs that are needed.