Q: transmission not shifting and the rpm's keep climbing up.

the transmission is not shifting properly, replaced both input and output speed sensors, but the rpms seem to be climbing high and the transmission does not seem to be shifting, gets up to speed fine, but the rpms just keep climbing on it...

Hi there. It seems that the gears are slipping and causing the rpm’s to climb up. Check the transmission fluid and make sure that it’s full and red in color. Very dark red or black transmission fluid is an indication that the transmission is burning the fluid for getting too hot from either overloading or slipping gears. Top off the fluid if it’s low. Low transmission fluid will cause the transmission to slip the gears. If the fluid is good and the transmission has been serviced before, then the clutches inside the transmission are slipping and it will need either rebuilt or replaced. If you need further assistance with your gears slipping on acceleration, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.