2011 Kia optima engine locked up, what could it be? Vehic...

Q: 2011 Kia optima engine locked up, what could it be? Vehicle stopped

asked by on August 02, 2017

While driving vehicle suddenly stopped in the middle of the freeway. Got 2 mechanics to come out and figure it out and the last mechanics that did work on it suggest that it could be the timing belt that locked up the engine also suggest to get a more experience mechanic that knows a lot about engines. So my question is my engine is locked up, what could it be? A new starter has been put on there.

You do not have a timing belt but a timing chain. If the engine overheated or ran low on oil then this may have seized the motor. You will need to have the engine turned by crankshaft to see if it is truly seized. Also check engine oil to see if it is low or out of oil? You may have seized the motor from lack of oil in engine.