Q: Car is jerking, and Check Engine Light flashes

asked by on February 09, 2016

My car is jerking, and the Check Engine Light is flashing.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

When the Check Engine Light is flashing, it is telling you that the engine has a problem that may be causing damage to your catalytic converter assembly. The most likely problem is an engine misfiring from an ignition problem, such as a failed spark plug, plug wire, or coil problem. Some of these engines may also have problems with fuel injectors. I recommend having the Check Engine Light diagnosed by a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic.