Q: VSA and engine lights both come on when I excelerate the car and it runs rough.

When I exccelerate the car over 3000 rpm the engine and vsa light come on and the car looses power and the engine run rough

Hi there. The VSA (Vehicle Stability Assist) is on for an issue that deals with the engine load. Check the codes that are stored or pending in the ECM (computer) since the check engine light is on. The code should lead you to what is wrong with your vehicle. Most of the time the throttle position sensor or the throttle pedal position sensor gets out of sequence and fails causing the engine to run rough. If you need further assistance with your engine running rough, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

The first thing I would recommend is to have a check engine light inspection performed. This will involve using an OBD2 scanner to pull any trouble codes that may be stored in the vehicle. Once this has been done, the diagnosis of this issue will be much more clear. The VSA light has come on for the same reason as the check engine light. This is because the VSA system is partially controlled by the engine. If the engine is having trouble, the VSA system will shut off. Consider YourMechanic for your check engine light is on inspection as it can be performed at your home or office.

3. VSA and engine lights both come on when I excelerate the car and it runs rough.