Q: Not starting when moisture in air

In the morning, or when it rains, my truck will not start. It will crank and crank and crank but it will not start at all. The distributor cap, the distributor and fuel pump, pick up coil, radiator, have all been replaced. This morning after it rained i checked the distributor and the cap to see if any moisture was in there amd there wasmt anything. I dont know what else to possibly do.

When you do get your vehicle to start, open up the hood while your engine is idling and get a spray bottle with water in it. Spray the spark plugs and wires to see if you start getting misfires and hear arching.

If so then replace the spark plug wires and plugs if necessary. You might want to replace the ignition coil also if it has weak spark output.

If you’d like further assistance with this, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come diagnose the starting issue firsthand and help you fix it accordingly.

3. Not starting when moisture in air