Q: No pressure at clutch pedal

asked by on December 25, 2016

I have a 02 civic. It has a brand new clutch slave clutch master and clutch with pressure plate and throw out bearing. I bleed it for hours and nothing in the pedal. And the clutch fork is pushed away from the slave rod.

Clutch Master Cylinder Replacement $153.16 - $485.68 Get a Quote

Hello. If you are not getting any pressure to the pedal then it may be possible that there is an issue with the clutch master cylinder. The clutch master cylinder is the component responsible for generating pressure for the clutch system when the pedal is depressed. It is connected to the clutch pedal and produces pressure using a piston inside of a cylinder to push fluid through the hydraulic lines, to the slave cylinder. If there is a problem with the master cylinder, such as an internal leak, then it may not be able to properly generate pressure, causing your symptoms. If the fork is noticeably apart from the slave cylinder rod then that could be due to the fact that the rod is not extending, perhaps due to a potentially bad clutch master cylinder. As these sorts of internal hydraulic issues can sometimes be difficult to diagnose, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, visit your location to determine if the master cylinder needs to be replaced, or if there is an issue elsewhere with the vehicle.