Q: Car jerks when shifting higher

Rpm goes up till 4000 before shifting higher. At first, the problem showed up when the car was stopped and then driving up an incline. Now this jerking is especially bad when in heavy traffic with hard accelerating and decelerating.

Transmission Fluid Service $125.08 - $467.45 Get a Quote

Hello, This may be a sign of low transmission fluid or a faulty transmission control solenoid. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. This type of problem is amplified any time the transmission is low on fluid creating a drop in hydraulic pressure.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr