Car squeaking noise at rear after brake change. 2011 l4-2...

Q: Car squeaking noise at rear after brake change.

asked by on June 14, 2017

Car squeaking at rear after rear brake change. This noise happens even while I just getting into the car and also when I am driving. Looks like the noise is coming from the suspension. Is it possible that during the brake change the suspension was impacted.

The suspension is unloaded, and thus out of it’s usual running position, when the weight is off the springs. It’s possible that a rubber isolator moved or some like change occurred as the car was in the air and while fixing the brakes. If the noise is occurring while the car is at a standstill, you might be able to pin it down by having someone bounce the rear end while you listen carefully closer to the suspension. It is also possible that you have both noise from the brakes and from the suspension, the brake noise occurring while underway of course. If you request a vehicle noise diagnostic, the responding certified mechanic will definitely find the origin of the noise. Although there are quite a few components in the suspension that could account for the noise, some are not expensive to repair and all can be repaired right at your location. Thus, I encourage you to seek out the diagnostic and then with the mechanic’s advice and explanation, you can decide how best to handle it. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.