Q: Jeep is having a hard time starting. 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee

My 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo is starting hard. It takes a long time for it to start some times I have to push on the gas peddle. I looked under the hood, and the radiator hose was collapsed. I think the two problems could be related, but I am not sure. A new radiator was put in 2 years ago. Could flushing the radiator help? Why is my Jeep not turning over right away? I have been researching, and I found one page it says it could maybe fixed by replacing the radiator cap. I do not drive the jeep everyday it's more of an in town car I do not go out of town with it.

Hi there - your symptoms suggest a fuel supply issue, quite likely a fuel pressure check valve or fuel pressure regulator issue. Either of these can allow fuel pressure in the injection system to leak down while the vehicle sits. This makes the fuel pump work harder when the vehicle is next started, taking longer to get fuel pressure up to specs. I recommend a hard starting inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Jeep is having a hard time starting. 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee