Q: How do you correctly latch the seat belt?

asked by on December 14, 2015

How do you correctly latch the seat belt?

Your Altima is equipped with seat belts for every seat, and everyone (driver and passengers) should wear a seat belt at all times in the vehicle. Of course, this is only effective if you’re able to latch the belt correctly. Your Altima uses a three-point latching system that’s easy to use. Here’s how:

1. Make sure your seat is adjusted properly.

2. Pull the seat belt from the retractor slowly.

3. Insert the tongue of the latch into the buckle. You should hear it click.

4. Make sure the lap belt fits over your hips.

5. Make sure the shoulder belt runs across your chest and over your shoulder.

6. Run any slack in the shoulder belt back into the retractor.