Q: Malfunction Transmission light appeared on dashboard

When I accelerate and about to exceed 40 mph, my "Malfunction Transmission" light has appeared. What could be the cause of it?

Automatic transmissions can be tricky. Luckily, as odd as it seems, the fact your vehicle is setting a warning light is a good thing. This allow you to run a diagnostic scan for trouble codes, and will help narrow down what sensor is giving the alarm.

Since a sensor has been triggered, the problem is something that is being monitored and hopefully wont be a nightmare to diagnose and repair. Scans can be done by one of our mobile technicians, or at your local auto part store.

Unfortunately transmission problems are regarded as being serious, and this will need attention ASAP. There is a chance that a sensor or small electrical component is the issue. Otherwise the transmission may have a more serious problem. The scan will likely have all the information you need to proceed.

If you decide to get this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home or office to diagnose the warning light firsthand for an accurate repair.

3. Malfunction Transmission light appeared on dashboard