Q: no the steering rack/tie rods, can I leave the car on tires and not jacks

87 MR2, macpherson strut in front, engine in back. I got the steering rack out, but ran out of time and need to have the car look "normal" for a few hours. With the control arm, strut, and strut bar still attached, but not the steering rack/tie rods, can I leave the car on tires instead of jacks? This is just the front end

With all weight of the vehicle on the suspension, leaving the tie rod ends disconnected from the steering knuckles has no deleterious effect. Note though, if you have loosened the axle nut (it doesn’t sound like you did in this particular repair), and you have pressed in hub bearings, do not put vehicle weight on the suspension because that will damage the wheel bearings. If you need a quick resolution to this repair, you can request mobile service and the responding certified mechanic will get this finished for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. no the steering rack/tie rods, can I leave the car on tires and not jacks