Q: control arm needs to be replaced as well as tires - can I replace the control arms first and the tires at a later date

asked by on December 04, 2017

I need to have one upper control arm replaced an the other lower control arm. I also need 4 tires. Can I replace the control arms first and replace the tires at a later time (when I can afford them) without consequences?

Hi Kenneth. Thanks for contacting us tonight. It is best practices to always replace suspension components first, have the suspension aligned and then replace tires after the alignment has been completed. If your tires are showing steel belts, you should replace them as soon as possible - but after the suspension has been fixed and aligned.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr