Q: Steel hose leaking antifreeze - 1992 Plymouth Acclaim V6

I wondered what the steel hose is between the block and the lower radiator hose in my car. Is it part of the heating system? I’m looking for the part because it’s leaking antifreeze. Do you have any ideas?

A: Hi there, thanks for your question. If the ...

Hi there, thanks for your question. If the pipe is leaking coolant, it must be some type of cooler line or coolant bypass hose. There are several terms for these and it can be confusing finding the right parts. Sometimes the associates at auto part stores will be able to pull up a system diagram and find the right part. If you'd like to have this checked for you, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the coolant leak and make the correct repair.