Q: I just got a new battery for my car but today my car won’t start when I put keys in it keeps making a clicking noise

asked by on March 16, 2018

My car won’t start and I just changed battery yesterday. It was starting after that working fine then I turned off today and tried to start it up but it wouldn’t start it only makes clicking noise.i also have factory security system on it and sometimes my car will go off in middle of night like someone is trying to steal it but that’s not the case. I’ll try to open my doors with my key and when I press unlock doors will lock back real fast. What could be wrong with my car? When I purchased car had no problem just opening doors and it didn’t shut off but now these problems occurring. What’s wrong with it?

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Among the possibilities are that the alternator is not properly re-charging your battery and so when you last turned your car off the battery was, unbeknownst to you, discharged; there is a parasitic power draw when your vehicle is off and that is discharging the battery; and/or the starter motor is faulty. All of these possibilities are easy to test for and resolve. If you desire that a specialist from YourMechanic determine which of these is the issue, and get it resolved, please request a no start diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.