Q: Q: Weird noise

My 06 chevy impala is making gurgling sounds when i take off.. I just got the catalytic conv. replaced with a universal one this saturday. It never sounded like this before. What could be the issue?

The gurgling sound you hear is likely coolant at work inside your radiator and heater core. The gurgling sound can be produced a few different ways. If the cooling system was not properly flushed the last time the coolant was changed, this can leave air pockets in the radiator causing this type of sound. If thisair happens to make it into the car’s heater core (located behind your glove box), you may also hear this sound coming from that area. A blown head gasket can also cause air (exhaust gases) to be leaked into the coolant which can also cause this to happen. Lastly, if the car is low on coolant, leaving excess space for air to be trapped, this ca also cause this kind of gurgling sound. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to perform a cooling system flush on your vehicle which should take care of this problem.

3. Q: Weird noise