Q: My 2010 dodge charger will not start and there's a lightning bolt icon that is illumated... Also the check engine light has came o

asked by on March 15, 2018

I have a 2010 dodge charger. At first the problem was the battery, got it fixed. Now my car won't turn over, the lightning bolt icon is illuminated, has the check engine light(flickers), and also the exclamation icon is illuminated i believe its for tire pressure. I need help

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hi Tiffany. Thanks for contacting us today. Inside the owner manual of your 2010 Dodge Charger, there will be a section that describes what each warning indicator light means. The lightning bolt is an indication that something within the charging system (which includes the alternator, battery, battery temperature sensors, cables and electrical connections) is faulty. This could indicate an electrical relay is damaged as well - which might explain the hard starting problem. The check engine light issue is likely related to the source of your hard starting issue as well. However, since there are so many possible sources that might be causing the car to not start, you’ll need to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete an on-site inspection, so they can determine what repairs are needed to resolve this problem.