Q: Car stalling while driving - 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix

My check engine light came on and it read code P0033.Can the code p0033 turbo/super bypass valve control circuit be a reason for a car killing while driving? I have change fuel pump and all relays but still have this issue

Hi there. The P0033 OBD-II error code is a generic code that typically indicates a problem with the Turbocharger or Supercharger Bypass Valve Control Circuit.

In most cases, the reason the code is triggered is due to a vacuum leak within the turbo, which can cause the engine to shut down while driving. There are other components that could also be the source of your problems on the Pontiac, which is why it might be a good idea to have one of YourMechanic’s certified mechanics come to your location to complete an inspection to determine why the car is not starting.

3. Car stalling while driving - 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix