Q: My forester recently threw a p0028 code. Replaced the intake solenoid and oil pressure switch but the idle is still rough.

asked by on July 08, 2017

Recently changed oil and filter. Checked the oil level. Engine almost stalls when stopping. No problems when maintaining speed or shifting.

If you used thicker oil than vehicle specified then this can cause problems with the intake variable valve lift system. If you used the wrong oi then change oil and filter again with the proper viscosity oil. If the correct oil was used then you will need the system diagnosed for solenoids and sensors for the variable valve lift system.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr