Q: Car cranks and turns but won't start 1996 Honda Prelude

A couple of weeks ago I was on my way to work and my oil light came on. It blinked for a little the stayed on. Later turned off. When I got to work I figured I would give it an oil change later that day; a full tune up.so later that day I was leaving work, engine cranked up and started right up. I let the engine idle, then got going. I had to wait for other cars to go. when it got to me, I started releasing the clutch to give it gas and the car started to give out. I checked the dip stick, (something I should've done from the beginning). Well it was very low clearly I knew it would be, because the light had came on in the morning. I put like 3qts of oil. Tried to start but no luck. Tried push start, jump. No luck. It has about 1/2 tank. Starter is good, battery is new. I still haven't checked the distributor/cap or coil, Icm. Maybe the main fuse relay???. Im going to check this next. Hopefully I didn't harm the engine. Please help me!

Hello - I think there is a pretty good chance that your engine has seized due to a lack of oil. I suspect there is little compression due to piston rings seizing in the cylinder, and there is bearing damage throughout the engine. I would recommend an engine inspection to confirm this diagnosis by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Car cranks and turns but won't start 1996 Honda Prelude