Q: Car cranks and turns but won't start 1996 Honda Prelude

A couple of weeks ago I was on my way to work and my oil light came on. It blinked for a little the stayed on. Later turned off. When I got to work I figured I would give it an oil change later that day; a full tune up.so later that day I was leaving work, engine cranked up and started right up. I let the engine idle, then got going. I had to wait for other cars to go. when it got to me, I started releasing the clutch to give it gas and the car started to give out. I checked the dip stick, (something I should've done from the beginning). Well it was very low clearly I knew it would be, because the light had came on in the morning. I put like 3qts of oil. Tried to start but no luck. Tried push start, jump. No luck. It has about 1/2 tank. Starter is good, battery is new. I still haven't checked the distributor/cap or coil, Icm. Maybe the main fuse relay???. Im going to check this next. Hopefully I didn't harm the engine. Please help me!

Hello - I think there is a pretty good chance that your engine has seized due to a lack of oil. I suspect there is little compression due to piston rings seizing in the cylinder, and there is bearing damage throughout the engine. I would recommend an engine inspection to confirm this diagnosis by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.