Q: Hi when I drive my truck for a while and stop at the store or something and restart my truck it reads hotter than it should

asked by on May 14, 2017

When I drive my truck for a while and shut it off at the store my temp goes from normal when I shut it off and when I start it it reads sometimes up to 210 degrees. It's a 2001 Chevy S10 automatic 4 wheel drive about 180000 miles, I've replaced the thermostat but didn't seem to help

Car is running hotter than normal Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. In general, worn out coolant tubes, or a radiator with worn out radiator coils and fins are the root sources of an engine that is running hotter than it should. This problem can also be caused by a temperature sensor that is faulty on the radiator itself. It might be a good idea to have one of our mobile mechanics come to your location to complete a car is running hotter than it should inspection so they can isolate the root issue and recommend or complete the right repairs.