Q: Car won’t start, battery is good. Head lights in dash won’t come on. Radio comes on. Can’t lock doors.

asked by on March 02, 2018

Car won’t start,no power, radio will turn on but no head lights. Can’t lock doors. Battery good and fully charged.

Battery is dead Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The only way to rule out the battery as a cause, or contributing factor, is to perform a load test on the battery. If a battery has internal defects, even if fully "charged" it may not be able to supply sufficient current, at a high enough voltage, to operate the starter motor. Obviously you have an electrical problem but the extent of that, and whether it is a global issue, or just on a few main circuits, will not be known until a diagnostic is performed. In a scenario where the electrical problem is simply limited to no starter motor operation, the fault is typically limited to the starting circuit but in your case, there are other electrical problems that will have to be investigated and resolved. If you desire that a specialist from YourMechanic resolve both the no start issue and the additional electrical issues (if they are present once the no start is resolved), please request a no start diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.