Q: What is the supplemental restraint system (SRS)?

What is the supplemental restraint system (SRS)?

Your Altima is equipped with a number of different safety systems and equipment. The seat belts are the most important, but you also have a supplemental restraint system (SRS). There are actually four subsystems that make up the SRS.

1. Driver and passenger front air bags (deploy from the steering wheel and dash, respectively)

2. Front seat-mounted air bags (helps cushion impacts to the side of the driver)

3. Curtain Side-impact air bags (roof-mounted)

4. Pretensioners on the seat belts (automatically tighten the seat belts in an impact)

Tips

• No air bags or other SRS components will operate if the key is not in the on position.

• The SRS system does not replace the need to wear your seat belts. It is a supplemental system.

3. What is the supplemental restraint system (SRS)?