Q: Fuel tank leaking

asked by on February 02, 2016

After I fill the fuel tank, it starts to leak a lot. After a couple of minutes it stops leaking.

Fuel is leaking from gas tank Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Fuel leaks are very dangerous and I would recommend parking your car in an area where, if in the event a fire, it wouldn’t endanger any life or property. Have a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, find where the leak is coming from. Common points for fuel to leak after it’s full are in-tank fuel pump lock ring seals, broken or otherwise defective vent tubes and/or evaporative system sensors or plugs.