Q: Electric power steering code C2219 is coming up on a scanner.

I started seeing a Service Power Steering notification when turning the ingition ON. Other than that, everything works, the electric power steering does work, I can change the level of steering sensitivity. When diagnosed with a computer, the code is C2219 - ECU Unable to Configure/Configuration Not Learned. Immediately after deleting the code, it appears again. I have bought a spare steering column assembly with new clockspring, I have bought a spare electric power steering motor, changed both of those, nothing seems to help. Checked the fuses and connectors to the steering wheel/power steering motor. Other codes stored are: U0010 CAN Interior BUS (HVAC) U0011 CAN Interior Bus Off Performance (Heated Seat Module) U0415 Implausible Data Rrecived from ABS (Adaptive Cruise Control) I also sometimes get the Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Open Bank 1 code (at random, when deleted it doesn't return for days). Had two different sensors installed by the dealer already, did not help.

Hi there. The code C2219 is coming up for the computer not able to communicate with the electronic power steering unit. Check all of the wiring from the power steering unit to the computer and make sure that the wires are connected. If the wires are in good shape then the computer may need flashed (reprogrammed). The other codes for the U section of your vehicle could be for the ABS system with the traction control. Check the wheel speed sensors and see if they need cleaned or replaced. The camshaft position sensor code is coming for the sensor is either malfunctioning or the harness is loose. Check the sensor’s harness and make sure that its hooked up and has no moisture. If the harness is good, then the sensor needs replaced. If you need further assistance with the engine codes coming up, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.