Q: Shaking during acceleration accompanied by loss of power - 2007 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 2500

My Sprinter has 230,500 miles on it and starts to shake when I accelerate it. The shaking stops when I take my foot off the accelerator. But when I’m driving uphill or on flat ground it will lose power. No one has been able to figure out what’s wrong. Do you have any ideas? How can we fix this?

A: The turbo resonator on 2004-2007 models fai...

The turbo resonator on 2004-2007 models fail chronically with symptoms as you describe. The original resonator is a 2-piece plastic assembly that de-laminates. The replacement part should be aluminum.