Q: Car not starting due to electrical problem.

My car is not starting. I tried jumping the battery, but it will not turn over. It seems to have some type of electrical problem.

Hi, it seems like your describing the car cranks normally but does not want to start up, if that is the case I would highly suggest having a mobile mechanic take a look at it. An engine needs only three things to happen at the correct time to start and run, that is fuel, compression and a form of ignition, this being said I would have the car diagnosed by a certified mechanic who would be able to test for spark, fuel injector pulsing and compression. On the other hand if I’m misunderstanding and the car is not cranking at all i would have a mechanic test the battery just to rule it out, sometimes a battery is so undercharged or possibly shorted internally that even a jump from a healthy battery wont even help start it.