Q: ABS signal and Check Engine signal

there is a device on my engine that i do not know the name of

Hello there. I would need a better description of any symptoms your car is experiencing for more precise advice. There are at least eight sensors on the engine. The camshaft or crankshaft sensor are a couple of the most common to fail. The ABS sensor is also called a speed sensor or wheel speed sensor. If you would like to have your car diagnosed, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the warning lights and guide you through any repairs if necessary.