Q: Heater blows hot air from drivers side and cold air from passenger side of car on 2012 Dodge Avenger. Why??

Heater blows hot air from drivers side and cold air from passenger side of car on 2012 Dodge Avenger. I've read that this could be an blend door actuator that needs to be replaced? Spoke with dealer and they thought it could be the heater core. How can the heater core be defective if it blows hot air out of the drivers side? The blend door makes more sense to me. What do you think? Can I replace this myself without having to remove the dashboard? Please advise.

It sounds like you may have a faulty blend door actuator. Inside your vehicle’s vent system, there are small doors that open and close to change the flow of air running through the system. These doors are operated by small actuator motors that are activated when you turn the knob or switch to make a change to the vents. When these actuator motors fail, you may notice the flow of air may not be working properly according to the change you have made. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr