Q: There is a strong knocking sound coming from the engine. Today my car won't start. Service engine light is on. It keeps turning over

will the crankshaft position sensor cause my car not to start? there was a strong knocking sound coming from the engine yesterday. the car stalled and cut off several times while idling at a stop sign or. the loud knocking sounds is heard more when in park than while driving

Hi there. When the crankshaft position sensor is damaged or faulty, it will cause intermittent starting issues, misfiring problems, or might cause the vehicle to fail to start entirely. The best way to resolve this issue is to contact a professional mechanic to complete an engine is hard to start inspection. During this service, a professional mechanic will download any error codes stored in the ECU and determine the source of the starting issues.

• There is a strong knocking sound coming from the engine. Today my car won't start. Service engine light is on. It keeps turning over