Q: Sagging headliner coming off the ceiling, looks awful

asked by on November 05, 2015

The headliner on my 2006 Volkswagen Jetta is separating from the roof and sagging down. The car has only 50,000 miles on it but looks like it's from 1976, not 2006! The sagging is unsightly and needs to be fixed. What's the best way to do this? I want the headliner secured better than the way Volkswagen did it!

The headliner is a piece of material with a foam backing which is glued to the roof of the interior. The glue used by Volkswagen to adhere the headliner does not hold up very well, causing the material and foam to fall apart. The material cannot be glued back on with out looking unsightly. The only fix is to have an upholstery shop remove headliner and replace the material.