Q: I have a 2010 Ford fusion hybrid. My moonroof won't do anything. Won't open, tilt or anything. The last time this happened I disco

asked by on February 11, 2018

When I purchased my car , my sunroof didn't work. I disconnected the battery and that reset the sunroof and it worked. It stopped working again today and I disconnected the battery but it didn't work this time. The fuse is still good.

Electrical components are not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The fuse is only one component in the power supply to this unit. There is at least one relay, a switch, sensors, wiring and probably a control module, not to mention the motor and track. What you can initially do is check for power, using a multimeter, along the circuit in order to determine if the unit is even getting power. However, to do that effectively requires the factory wiring diagram. If you prefer, YourMechanic can dispatch a specialist to perform an electrical diagnostic. That will pinpoint the fault in the circuit, motor or controls and the required repairs can be made at your location if you desire that as well. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.